There is no fixed time for hunger, and we always want something tasty to fill the stomach and kill the hunger strike, sometimes it becomes really hard to decide what to cook in that case. Briyani is the answer to it. It is great in taste and easy to make.
Biryani is made mainly of rice and other ingredients, a mixture of half-cooked rice and spices curry. It is made with Indian spices, rice, and meat (Vegetables, chicken, beef, goat, pork, lamb, prawn, or fish), and sometimes, in addition, eggs and/or potatoes in certain regional varieties. It is famous in Saudi, Kurdistan, Iraq, etc.
The origin of Biryani is not confirmed, but it can be traced back during the time of the Mughal era, (Mughal cuisine), and Lucknow is considered to be its place of origin. People from far Regions also love Biryani very much. Biryani contains rice and meat, which individually Carrie source of protein, like rice magnesium, vitamin E, zinc, potassium, and phosphorus.
And Mutton is very rich in iron and maybe a good food option for people with anemia, other meats are good for bone and heart health, helps in building muscle, and rich in protein. It can be cooked easily.
Did You Know?
Biryani came from Persia and the word Biryani is derived from the Persian word Birian. It means ‘fried before cooking’ and the Persian word for rice is Birinj.
Hot and Delicious Biryani RecipesPrint Recipe
- Two bowls of rice (large one/ Basmati)
- Half kg of chicken
- Curd (less than the half bowl)
- Water ( 2 or more cups)
- Lemon juice ( 1 and a half tablespoons)
- Oil or ghee ( two tablespoons)
- A paste of more than half-inch Ginger and 3-4 Garlic
- Salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder (as per taste)
- Biryani masala or Garam masala(more than half a tablespoons)
- 3-4 cardamom seeds
- 1-2 bay leaf
- Caraway seeds (less than a half teaspoon)
- 4-5 Cloves
- Properly chopped onion (1 or 1 and a half)
- You can add other vegetables (Optional)
- Rinse rice for more than half-hour.
- Put garlic, ginger paste in a bowlAdd curd, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, Biryani masala (as per taste), and lemon juice in the bowl, mix it well.
- Add marinade in the slits on the chicken pieces and mix it well(keep it aside for one or more hour)
- Heat ghee or oil in a cooker, after that add bay leaf, caraway, clove.
- In 3-4 Minutes add chopped onion in the cooker, when the onion turns brownish, add chicken in itCook it for 5 minutes properlyCover it (till the chicken get softer)
- After that open the cover and mix it well ( again add salt and other spices as per taste in the chicken if you want)
- Put rice in the cooker, add water, optional ( add coriander leaves).
- Close the cooker and let it whistle once Switch off the gad and let the cooker settle.
Enjoy the Biryani!