Today we are preparing the world famous Butter Chicken from Aslam Chicken Restaurant in Old Delhi but with a twist of Microwave Tandoor Style. This dish is full of butter when mixed with the cream and juicy chicken taste is so delicious. I am sure you will lick your fingers.
This is a famous dish from Delhi. Aslam Chicken is located near Jama Masjid and a hub for the chicken lovers. If you are in delhi, its a must visit place to visit. The outlet in Old Delhi is famous for Butter Chicken and so the name comes Aslam Butter Chicken. Here its served as quarter chicken, half chicken, 3 piece chicken and full chicken.
The unique out of the world dish is prepare in Tandoor and covered with butter. I mean its literally bath in butter. But the taste is very delicious. It is served with Rumali Rotis.
Aslam Butter Chicken Tandoor Style RecipePrint Recipe
- 4 Chicken Legs
- Coriander Seeds (Dhaniya) - 2 Table Spoon
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) 1 Table Spoon
- Cardamom (Elaichi) 3-4
- Black Cardamom (Badi elaichi) 1
- Cloves (Lavang) 3-4
- Mace (Javitri) 1
- Black Pepper - 8-10
- Cinnamon (Dalchini) 1inch
- 4 Dry Red Chili
- 10 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Curd
- Dry Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi)- 2tsp
- Chat Masala
- Fresh Cream
- Lots of Butter
- Mint Chutney mixed with Curd
- 1 Lemon
- Salt as per taste
Preparing Marinate Masala
- Heat a fry pan and add Coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves, black pepper, dry red chillies and roast it until you get the fragrance
- Let it get cooled. Now add the spices to a mixture jar. Add Garlic and Ginger to it as well
- Also add curd to the spices.
- Roast Kasuri methi separately for few seconds and add to the mixture jar and blend all the ingredients to smooth paste.
- Now the Marinate masala is ready.
Applying Marinate Masala to the chicken
- Wash the chicken legs and cut in 2 pieces. Remove access water and dry with cloth or tissue paper.
- Sprinkle salt and 1 lemon juice and apply to the chicken pieces.
- Now apply the marinated masala to the chicken and keep it for marination for 4-5 hours. The longer the marination the better taste.
Adding Smokey Tandoor Flavour
- Take a small bowl and keep it in center of the chickens bowl. Now heat a charcoal and keep it in the small bowl. Add ghee or butter and cover the dish so that the smoke does not come out. Let it cover for 5 mins till the smoke goes off.
Grill or Fry
- The next step is to fry or grill the chicken. I use IFB Microwave. This has a auto cook Tandoor option.
- Apply butter to the microwave plate. Add the chicken pieces to the plate and add some more butter to the chicken pieces as well.
- Preheat the microwave oven.
- Place the tray and bake for 10 minutes. After that remove it and flip over. Apply butter or ghee(optional) and any leftover marination.
- Please note I used the Tandoor option auto set in the IFB microwave.
- Or you can fry the chicken pieces as well
- Add the Tandoor Chicken pieces to a bowl.
- Sprinkle Chat masala to the grilled / fried chicken pieces.
- Add 3-4 Table Spoon of fresh cream to the chicken.
- Mix mint chutney with curd and add to the bowl
- Toss well so that mixture gels with the chicken
- Now add butter to the chicken and server hot with Rumali or Tandoor Roti