As we all know South India is very famous for its various healthy and tasty dishes, people love their food as it does not contain any harmful effects instead it is advised to add in healthy diet chart.
One of their healthy dishes is Uttapam, it is a type of dosa from South India. Different from a typical dosa, which is crisp and crepe-like, uttapam is thicker, with toppings. Prepared with rice, urad dal with vegetable toppings.
Bread Uttapam is one of the types of if, it is made of Semolina (Rava), curd, and vegetables. The whole grains in wholemeal bread have various advantages. They can improve overall health and help lessen the chance of obesity and several other difficulties and illnesses.
Uttapam is a dish low in fat because it is topped with many vegetable toppings. Fermented foods improve digestion, boost energy levels, maintains blood pressure levels, improves the color of the skin, and release bad toxins.
Let’s know to make it!
- 4 bread (brown or white)
- 4 teaspoon Rava (semolina)
- 3 tablespoon Rice flour (optional)
- 1 fourth of Curd
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 green chili finely chopped
- 1 chopped capsicum
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp oil to cook
- Remove the borders of the bread.
- In a blender add Rava, flour, salt, curd, and water, blend to a thick and smooth paste.
- Keep the paste in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, cumin seeds, tomatoes, ginger, green chili, and coriander leaves, mix it wellPaste should be thick.
- Keep the bread in a plate and gently spread the paste on all over the bread, stick it properly.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and lightly grease the pan from oilAfter that put two pieces of bread at a time and toast them very carefully, the paste should be stuck on it.
- When the bread is cooked on one side flip it on the side of the toppings and then bake that side of it properly, don’t burn itIt should turn reddish and it will look prepared when it’s done
- Take the bread out and serve it with the sauce or anything you like(You can also cut on bread into Slices afterward, or while removing the borders)