Light food is always preferably good to take, it can be easily digested. People who have been suffering from bad digestion system can’t have anything that will make it worse. They have to eat things that may not have a taste and all, at such a situation bottle gourd is great to make, you can make it as per your taste and it is good for the tummy. It can be either harvested young to be consumed as a vegetable.
The bottle gourd is a commonly cultivated plant in tropical and subtropical areas of the world, which is believed to have originated from wild populations in southern Africa.
Bottle gourd is really healthy, it has the cooling properties, it is preferably good for those who are suffering from urinating problems, as it is a light food it is releases mood and good for the digestion system. many people consume bottle gourd by making juice of it or they make the salad even make Raita of it.
Curry is good for those who are on a normal diet and want to have a light meal, many people don’t even try the curry they just bol bottle gourd with water and add a few spices to enhance the taste but of course, people can’t compromise with the paste can make it as per choice. Let’s not make easy and tasty bottle gourd curry.
Lauki Recipe / dudhi Healthy RecipePrint Recipe
- 300 grams lauki (bottle gourd), peeled and chopped into small cubes.
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Half teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 sprig curry leave
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 - 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Cooking oil
- Water to adjust
- salt to taste
- Wash and chop the bottle gourd properly.
- In a pressure cooker heat oil on a medium flame, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds let them sizzle. Then add chopped onion, garlic, and green chili. Saute till onion turns brownish and soft.
- Then add the spices red chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, amchur powder. Mix it well.
- After that add the chopped bottle gourd pieces and stir fry till the pieces turn a little soft.
- Pour the water to adjust the gravy, add some salt as per taste stir it well. Close the pressure cooker and let it whistle thrice or more. Then switch off the flame.
- When the pressure cooker stops releasing gas open it and garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves.