Many variations occur from curd, chaas is one of them. Chaas or Butter Milk is a famous drink all over India and also outside in a few regions, it is known by several names like Taak, Matthaa, Ghol, and many more.
This is a curd based drink, it can be consumed as it is or people add some spices and seasoning for enhancing the flavor of it, as well as there are few gravy curries prepared using Chaas.
It originated in the Indian subcontinent and associated with the National cuisine of India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. It is a good source of quick energetic drink, many people love to drink it on daily basis, by adding their flavors to it.
Chaas is not just famous for its taste but also it contains some great health benefits too.
Benefits of Chaas or Butter Milk
- It is said to be effective for constipation
- It has the cooling properties that will keep you chilled all day long.
- It is really helpful to avoid acidity.
- It is a rich source of calcium which is ultimately good for your bones.
- To keep your body hydrated with taste chaas is one of the best options.
- It lowers the blood pressure, helps in detoxification, and provides several essential nutrients and vitamins.
If you are feeling to have a different healthy and tasty beverage, then make your flavored Chaas at home which is quick and tasty.
Healthy Chaas Drink RecipePrint Recipe
- One glass of curd whisked properly
- 1 teaspoon of Ginger green chili paste
- One teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Coldwater to adjust
- In a vessel, add curd, Ginger chili paste, cumin seeds, salt, and black pepper. Mix them well.
- Add two cups of cold water and then again mix it properly.
- Once done with the whisking, taste the chaas and add, few more things if needed. You can garnish it with anything you like to have, before drinking.
Enjoy the energy drink!