“An apple a day keeps the doctor away” we have heard this proverb many times since childhood, our parents force us to eat an apple every day and as we grow up we understood its benefits Apple is the most healthy fruit, it it is great in taste.
Health-conscious people love Apple. So, as they can’t eat many sweets, they innovated dishes for themselves like apple pie, pie has various types and apple pie is one of its types. There is no difference in apple pie among other pies only the main filling of the pie is apple, apple pie originated in England.
Of course, Apple has many great health beneficial properties, like fiber, vitamin C, and antioxidants, etc. But when people make a pie out of it does add some calories to it but eating apple pie on occasionally has no harm it will give the break from your strict diet as well as satisfy your tongue and it will have its Apple properties, as well as you can add egg in your apple pie.
Let’s know to make a healthy and tasty apple pie.
- 3 to 4 peeled and thinly sliced apples
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- One and a half tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of finely diced butter
- Half teaspoon salt
- Water to adjust
- Take a bowl, put apples in it add all-purpose flour, lemon juice, sugar, and salt. Mix it well by tossing.
- Roll out the dough and keep the base crust on an apple-pie shape deep plate, fill the Apple filling in it, and then put butter slices on it. (The Apple pie dough can be prepared from normal flour and adding adequate water in it like a normal dough)
- After that take another pie dough and cover it as an upper crust. Lock borders of both the crust upper and lower crust, and make small cuts on the upper crust for the steam.
- Add egg yolk and a little bit of water in a bowl mix it well and then brush the egg yolk on the top of the pie crust.
- Preheat the oven at 230° Celsius and then bake it for 5 to 10 minutes, then reduce the temperature at 175° Celsius and bake or 30 to 40 minutes till the pie turns golden brown.
Tasty apple pie is ready!