Green leafy vegetables are not so favorite of people, especially kids. Although it is Favourite of those who are health conscious, green leafy vegetables contain so many advantages to keeping your body healthy.
Fenugreek is one of the healthy green vegetables, it is an annual plant in the family Fabaceae, with leaves comprising of three small obovate to oblong leaflets. It is cultivated worldwide as a semiarid crop. Its seeds and leaves are popular elements in dishes from the Indian subcontinent. Its leaves can be consumed by putting in a salad, flatbread of it (Thepla), and many more dishes.
But when you want a side dish for your dinner or lunch and cannot decide what to make, doesn’t have many things available at your home but Fenugreek leaves, then you can make it, as a dish by adding potato and some seasoning.
It can be a tasty dish for your Roti, it won’t take much effort as well as your kids will love it. Fenugreek leaves are low in calories, ga great source of antioxidants, it is rich in Vitamin K which is ultimately good for your bone metabolism, as well as your mouth ulcers.
Let’s know to make tasty aloo methi easily.
- 1 bunch of methi leaves
- 3 to 4 medium-size potatoes chopped into cubes
- 3 to 4 green chili finely chopped
- 4 to 5 finely chopped garlic cloves
- Red chili powder as per taste
- Less than teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- A pinch of Hing (asafoetida)
- Oil for cooking
- Water to adjust
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a deep pan on medium flame, add cumin seeds and Hing let it sizzle. Add finely chopped green chili and garlic. Stir fry them for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add Washed, cleaned leaves of methi and potatoes, mix it well. Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to taste, again mix it evenly.
- After that add 1 cup of water, cover it, and let it cook for 10 minutes on low to medium flame. Keep checking and stirring in between.
- Once the water is soaked up, you will get the great aroma of your dish. Switch off the flame and serve.