The Rise of Indian Constitution and Its History.
India is the biggest democracy in the world. With so many diversities, India is still a strong and united nation. The true beauty of India is hidden in its diverse culture, astonishing flora and fauna and some of the great minds belonging to the nation.
Liberated from the British rule in the year of 1947, result of a great freedom struggle led by heroic men. India’s freedom struggle has definitely been written down with golden letters in the pages of world history. India has been a prosperous country of brave Kings, learned scholars, rich merchants and loving people for thousands of years. In bringing back the nation to its previous glorious status, after its intense freedom fight for almost a century. The leaders of the country played a major role.
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was one of these leaders. Born on 14 April 1891 in a Maharashtrian Brahmin family. He was a well-educated scholar, with a broad foresight. He was given the responsibility to establish law in the country, by chairing the drafting committee of The Indian Constitution. He is therefore known as the father of Indian Constitution. He was a firm believer of eradicating the cast system, and as a sign of protest adopted the Dalit cast. Which was back then looked down upon by the upper cast society.
The Constitution was adopted by the Indian assembly on the 26 November, 1949 and was brought into effect on the 26 January 1950 exactly two months later. This is the reason behind celebrating the Republic Day. On 11 October 2015, Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi declared 26 November to be the Constitution Day or the Samvidhan Divas in the memories of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, while laying the foundation of the “Statue of Equality” in Mumbai. Plus it was the 125 Birth Year of Dr. Ambedkar.
This day is not a public holiday but is still celebrated by Indians and the Indian government in a special way. Previously this day was called the Law Day as India received it set of laws on this day. It is mandatory to sing the National Anthem and recite the Pledge and Preamble in every school of India. Spreading knowledge and awareness amongst the youth about the Constitution and its laws in general.
Here are some Interesting Facts about the Constitution of India.
- The original constitution of India was handwritten by Prem Behari Narain Raizada in flowing Italic style in beautiful Calligraphy.
- Each page of the Constitution is beautifully decorated by art work from the artists of Shantiniketan.
- The original copy of the Constitution written in Hindi and English are safely kept in Helium-filled cases in the Library of Parliament of India.
- Indian Constitution is the longest written constitution of any sovereign country in the world, consisting of 25parts, 448 articles and 12 schedules.
- The Constitutional Assembly first met on 9th December 1946, took 2 years, 11 months and 18 days precisely to complete the final draft of the constitution.
That’s it about one of the most interesting Constitutions of the world. We would like to know your view on it, so please like share and comment.