The world has advanced in everything, more buildings, factories, and vehicles. With the increasing advancement of everything, the environment is also changing and it has created lot of pollution.
The pollution of water, noise, and the major pollution is of air. It is mostly faced in Delhi, India. People who live in Delhi cannot inhale the fresh air, the time has come that they need to put air purifiers in their homes to avoid the venomous air which occurs due to excessive traffic and vehicles. It has become a severe issue for the past many years but people do not take it seriously and awareness of it is important. If the situation stays the same no one will know the bad consequences.
To alert people and make them aware of the seriousness of circumstances, the nation celebrates pollution control day on the 2nd of December. It aims to generate attention to the rising pollution degrees and its severe impact on human beings and our ecosystem.
The National Pollution Prevention Day was commenced after the tragic occurrence of the Bhopal Gas Tragedy which took place on the night of December 2 in 1984 in which hundreds of people lost their lives after a gas leak was reported at the Union Carbide India Limited pesticide plant in Madhya Pradesh’s Bhopal.
The goal of National Pollution Prevention Day is to spread understanding of managing and Deterring industrial disasters and to prevent the smog generated by industrial processes or human fault. The National Pollution Prevention Day 2020 moreover aims to give rise to people aware of the administration’s laws that encourage to contain smog.
We need to be alert and take some initiative for ourselves as well as for the forthcoming generation or else the situation will get worse and we won’t be able to do anything. People will have to wear purifier masks to avoid such pollution. So, as a responsible citizen, you need to understand it and make an effort to control it because a single step can turn into many.
Take initiative and share this important information with your known ones and let them know the seriousness and how they can be alert and take responsibility. You can create some slogans or some hashtags on social media accounts as an effort to start a movement.
Inspirational Quotes on Pollution Day
The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river.Ross Perot
Today we’re dumping 70 million tons of global-warming pollution into the environment, and tomorrow we will dump more, and there is no effective worldwide response. Until we start sharply reducing global-warming pollution, I will feel that I have failed.Al Gore
Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.Jacques Yves Cousteau
The earth we abuse and the living things we kill will, in the end, take their revenge; for in exploiting their presence we are diminishing our future.Marya Mannes
The environment will continue to deteriorate until pollution practices are abandoned.B. F. Skinner
Below are the list of Regulation under taken by Government of India
- Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act of 1974
- Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Cess Act of 1977
- Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act of 1981
- Environment (Protection) Act of 1986
- Environment (Protection) Rules of 1986
- Manufacture, Storage and Import of Hazardous Chemical Rules of 1989
- Manufacture, Storage, Import, Export & Storage of Hazardous Micro- Organisms Genetically Engineered Organisms or Cells Rules of 1989
- Chemical Accidents (Emergency, Planning, Preparedness and Response) Rules of 1996
- Bio-Medical Waste (Management & Handling) Rules of 1998
- Recycled Plastics Manufacture and Usage Rules of 1999
- Ozone Depleting Substances (Regulation) Rules of 2000
- Noise Pollution (Regulation and Control) Rules of 2000
- Municipal Solid Waste (Management & Handling) Rules of 2000
- Batteries (Management and Handling) Rules of 2001
- Environment Impact Assessment Notification of 2006
- The National Green Tribunal Act, 2010
- Solid Waste Management Rules, 2016
- Hazardous and Other Wastes (Management and Transboundary Movement) Rules, 2016
- Bio-Medical Waste Management Rules, 2016
- Plastic Waste Management Rules, 2016
- E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016
- Construction and Demolition Waste Management Rules, 2016