“Joey doesn’t share food” you must have heard this line in your life, this line is from a series named F.R.I.E.N.D.S In this series a character named Joey as portrayed as a food lover who does not like to share his food with anyone else, his principal is eat anything from your part only.
Many people connect with this mentality, they do not like their food to be shared with someone else and when we can’t tell people about not liking this sharing thing, becomes another issue. Especially such a problem is with things like cake, it comes as a whole that is whether you want or not but you cannot eat it alone you have to share it.
So, to overcome such a problem of cake lovers, the best thing is to have a cupcake. A small cake baked in a cup-shaped foil or paper container and typically iced, one cupcake serves a single person, there is no point in sharing that.
A cupcake is a famous dessert which is loved by almost everyone, there are sayings that it holds the power to make your stress go away, and it makes you happy especially the chocolate cupcakes.
Seeing this love for cupcakes, the 18th of October is celebrated as the National chocolate cupcake day.
Chocolate Cupcake Day was founded to commemorate that most excellent form of the Cupcake, the Chocolate Cupcake. Cupcakes are called by several names throughout the world, our personal favorite would have to be the term “Fairy Cake” from the British. The heritage of the cupcake appears to go back as far as 1796, where cakes baked in tiny cups were first remembered, and the real term cupcake was first seen in Eliza Leslie’s 1828 cookbook.
How can you celebrate this day:
There is no rocket science and celebrating the day, if you are a foodie and a chocolate lover on top of that a cake lover, all you have to do is prepare your favorite chocolate cupcake on this day.
I’ll tell you how to make your favorite cupcakes easily!
- Half cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- More than half a cup of all-purpose flour
- Half cup of buttermilk
- One egg
- Half teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar as per taste
- Water to adjust
- 2/3 teaspoon of baking soda
- Vanilla extract one teaspoon
- Muffin tins 7 to 8
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, and warm the water a little bit.
- In a bowl add melted butter and warm water. Then add cocoa powder, sugar, flour, buttermilk, baking soda, Vanilla extract, and salt. Blend it properly then break the egg carefully in the bowl and again whisk it well to make a proper fine paste for the cupcakes.
- Pour the batter into the lined muffin tins, filling them about three-fourths full.
- Keep the cupcakes in the center of the oven and bake them for 20 to 25 minutes until they are properly done. The cupcakes will be ready when it becomes fluffy and spongy, you can check by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cupcake if it comes out clean, your cake is good to go.
- Later you can add the chocolate chips on top, or can use the melted chocolate as well and serve.
Enjoy! Make the delicious chocolate cupcake as per your flavor and celebrate the national chocolate cupcake day!