John Abraham is an Indian actor, producer, and former model who appears in Hindi films. He made his debut in 2003 with the film Jism, and has since starred in several commercially successful films such as Garam Masala, Dhoom, Taxi No. 9211, Dostana, New York, Force, Madras Cafe, Dishoom, and many more. He is also a producer, having produced several films such as Vicky Donor, Madras Cafe, and Force 2. He is one of the most popular and highest-paid actors in India.
John Abraham Birthday is December 17, 1972. He was born in Mumbai, India. He is married to Priya Runchal and they have a son named, Viraaj. He is a fitness enthusiast, and an animal lover. John is also a part of several charitable organizations. He has also been a part of campaigns to create awareness about HIV/AIDS and cancer.
John Abraham Upcoming “Pathaan” Movie
John Abraham’s upcoming movie, Pathan, is an upcoming action thriller film directed by Siddharth Anand. The film stars John Abraham, Deepika Padukone, and Shah Rukh Khan and is produced by Aditya Chopra under his banner Yash Raj Films. The film has a script written by Farhad Samji and a music score by Vishal-Shekhar. It is expected to be released on the 2022 Eid weekend.
Shahrukh Khan wishes his Co Star Johan Abraham on Twitter.
John Abraham Bollywood Debut Movie
John Abraham’s Bollywood debut movie was Jism, which was released in 2003. It was a romantic thriller directed by Amit Saxena, and produced by Pooja Bhatt and Sujit Kumar Singh. The film starred John Abraham, Bipasha Basu, and Gulshan Grover in the lead roles. The movie was a moderate success at the box office.
It tells the story of Kabir (John Abraham), a struggling lawyer who falls in love with Sonia (Bipasha Basu), an enigmatic married woman. The two of them enter into an intense affair, which leads to some unexpected consequences. The movie was well received by critics, and it also won several awards, including the Filmfare Award for Best Debut for John Abraham.
John Abraham Top 10 Movies
- Dhoom (2004): This action-packed thriller follows ACP Jai Dixit (Abhishek Bachchan) and Ali (Uday Chopra) as they team up to hunt down a mysterious thief (John Abraham) who has been wreaking havoc on the streets of Mumbai. The film was a huge success and was one of the highest grossing Bollywood films of the year.
- Water (2005): Directed by Deepa Mehta, this critically acclaimed drama follows the struggles of a group of widows living in an ashram in 1938 India. John Abraham plays the male lead, a local lawyer determined to help the widows reclaim their rights.
- Baabul (2006): This romantic drama follows a young man (John Abraham) who is torn between his family’s tradition and his love for a woman (Rani Mukerji). The film was a moderate success at the box office.
- New York (2009): This crime drama follows three strangers (John Abraham, Neil Nitin Mukesh and Katrina Kaif) who become involved in a terrorist plot in New York City. The film was a commercial success and was praised for its gripping storyline.
- Force (2011): This action-thriller follows ACP Yashwardhan (John Abraham) as he tries to take down a ruthless drug lord. The film was a critical and commercial success and established John Abraham as an action hero.
- Race 2 (2013): This sequel to the 2008 hit follows a group of criminals (Anil Kapoor, John Abraham, Saif Ali Khan, Deepika Padukone, and Jacqueline Fernandez) as they try to pull off a heist in Dubai. The film was a box office success and was praised for its action sequences.
- Madras Cafe (2013): This political thriller follows an intelligence officer (John Abraham) who is tasked with uncovering a conspiracy in the civil war in Sri Lanka. The film was a box office success and was praised for its gritty storyline.
- Welcome Back (2015): This comedy-drama follows a group of gangsters (Anil Kapoor, Nana Patekar, John Abraham, Shruti Haasan, and Paresh Rawal) who are released from prison and try to take revenge on the people who wronged them. The film was a box office success and was praised for its comic timing.
- Dishoom (2016): This action-adventure follows two cops (John Abraham and Varun Dhawan) who must rescue a kidnapped Indian cricketer in the Middle East. The film was a box office success and was praised for its action sequences.
- Satyameva Jayate (2018): This vigilante action-thriller follows a cop (John Abraham) who is determined to bring down a corrupt police force. The film was a box office success and was praised for its action sequences.
John Abraham Awards
John Abraham has won numerous awards, including the following:
- Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for Dhoom (2004)
- Stardust Award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for Water (2005)
- IIFA Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Dostana (2008)
- IIFA Award for Best Performance in a Negative Role for New York (2009)
- IIFA Award for Best Performance in a Comic Role for Welcome Back (2015)
- Zee Cine Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Dishoom (2016)
- Special Achievement Award at the 2018 Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival