JEE Main 2023 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). It will be a national level entrance examination for admission to various undergraduate engineering and architecture courses offered by the IITs, NITs, CFTIs, and other engineering institutes. The exam will be held in online mode (Computer Based Test). Candidates who qualify the exam will be eligible for admission to their desired courses.
Joint Entrance Exam-Main (JEE-Main) 2023 will be held from 24-31 January 2023. It is an all India common engineering entrance exam conducted for admission to various engineering colleges and courses all over India. The exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
The exam will be conducted in two parts – the first part is the computer-based exam and the second part is the pen and paper based exam. Both parts will have three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Candidates will be required to attempt all the sections and the questions will be of objective type.
The results of JEE-Main 2023 will be declared by the NTA after the conclusion of the exam and the score will be used for admission to various engineering colleges. The score of the exam will be accepted by all Central and State Government funded Technical Institutes.
Steps to register for JEE-Main 2023
- Visit the official website of the National Testing Agency (NTA) at nta.ac.in.
- Click on the button ‘Fill Online Application Form’.
- Enter the required details such as personal information, contact information, academic information etc.
- Upload the relevant documents such as photograph, signature, etc. as per the specifications.
- Make the payment for application fee through any of the available modes such as net banking, debit/credit card etc.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button to complete the registration process.
- Take a printout of the application form and keep it safely for future reference.
Eligibility criteria for JEE-Main 2023
- Candidates must be Indian nationals or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI).
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2021 or 2022 or should be appearing in their 10+2 or equivalent examination in 2023 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as the main subjects.
- The upper age limit for the candidates is 25 as on October 1, 2023.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum aggregate of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics in their 10+2 or equivalent examination, or must have secured a place in the top 20 percentile of the successful candidates of their respective boards in the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 or equivalent exam in 2019, 2020 and 2021 are eligible to appear for JEE Main 2023.
JEE-Main 2023 Exam Schedule:
24 January 2023
25 January 2023
27 January 2023
28 January 2023
29 January 2023
30 January 2023
31 January 2023
Timeline for JEE-Main 2023
JEE Main 2023 registration starts on December 15, 2022.
Release of exam city information slip will be on Second week of January 2023
JEE Main admit card will be release of on Third week of January 2023
JEE Main session 1 exam starts from January 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30 and 31, 2023
Release of JEE Main answer key- February 2021
Declaration of JEE Main result- February 2021