Strategic partners DHL, McKinsey & Company, and Resilinc will work to accelerate and scale the initiative. The Council will establish 2023 priorities and deliverables and convene at least quarterly to ensure the SCM Initiative is on track to fulfill its vision.
Founding members of the SCM Industry Advisory Council:
- Sanchali Bhattacharjee, Strategy and Program Office, Google
- Hans Ehm, Senior Principal Supply Chain Management, Infineon
- Mark Liu, Director of Technology Capability, Intel
- Gregory Blanchette, Vice President, Strategic Supplier Management, KLA
- Hans-Joachim Neumann, Head of Integrated Supply Chain Electronics, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
- S.S. Fu, Director Corporate Planning Organization, TSMC
The IAC will expand to up to 20 member companies across a diverse range of segments and geographies this year. The Council will then form regional councils and working groups to produce tangible solutions.
“Geopolitical, natural and other global electronics supply chain disruptions in recent years have made clear the time is now to better prepare for future crises,” said Bettina Weiss, Chief of Staff and Corporate Strategy at SEMI. “Industry Advisory Council founding members will immediately begin to define priorities, objectives and strategies for the SEMI Supply Chain Management Initiative that lead to actions aimed at strengthening continuity across the entire value chain and supporting semiconductor industry growth.”
“SEMI applauds these industry leaders and their commitment to ensuring that the supply chain is better prepared to seize the tremendous opportunities ahead and minimize the impact of disruptions,” Weiss said.
IAC founding members are committed to working toward the following pillars and objectives:
- Engagement: Establish global and regional Industry Advisory Councils to guide priorities and bolster end-to-end electronics supply chain continuity
- Collaboration: Create platforms for information exchange, education and thought leadership
- Data collection: Conduct quarterly SCM pulse surveys with McKinsey & Company to remain current on industry trends and benchmark best practices
- Industry alignment: Establish conventions for SCM visibility and transparency through the SEMI International Standards Program
- Inclusion: Develop a SCM roadmap to 2025 and beyond for all key supply chain segments to help ensure better preparedness for future disruptions
What founding members and strategic partners have to say
Infineon – Hans Ehm, Senior Principal Supply Chain Management
“Semiconductor supply chains and supply chains containing semiconductors are global. As part of Industry Advisory Council of the SEMI Supply Chain Management Initiative, we have the ability to collectively reduce the bullwhip effect in our supply chains and mitigate future chip shortages in a sustainable way.”
Intel – Mark Liu, Director of Technology Capability
“A transparent semiconductor supply chain is a vital first step towards improved resiliency to ensure our industry’s future growth. The SEMI Supply Chain Management Initiative serves as a critical platform to achieve this objective collectively and collaboratively.”
Resilinc – Bindiya Vakil, CEO and Co-founder
“As a strategic partner to the SEMI Supply Chain Management Initiative, Resilinc looks forward to providing a decade’s worth of supply chain mapping and risk monitoring data to help advance the Council’s mission of creating a more agile and resilient electronics supply chain.”
For more information on the SEMI Supply Chain Management Initiative or to become a member, please contact SCM@semi.org.
SEMI® connects more than 2,500 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA), the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) and SOI Consortium are SEMI Strategic Technology Communities. Visit www.semi.org, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter to learn more.
Michael Hall/SEMI US
Logo – https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/469944/Semi_Logo.jpg
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/new-semi-industry-advisory-council-to-advance-an-agile-resilient-global-electronics-supply-chain-301757637.html
(This story is auto-generated from PR Newswire)
Coronavirus Vaccine Prices In India and Other Countries. Is Covid Vaccine Free?
Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri: Full List Of Padma Award Winners 2021
Importance And Benefits Of Vitamin D Rich Food
Amou Haji- World’s “Dirtiest” And “Smelliest” Man From Iran
Yoga Beginner’s Guide – Tips Before Attending The First Yoga Class
- Honoring the Sacrifice of Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev on Shaheed Diwas
- Zakat Uncovered: The Comprehensive Guide to Islamic Almsgiving and Wealth Purification
- Unlock the Blessings of Ramadan with 100+ Sincere and Heartfelt Ramadan Kareem Wishes
- Stay Energized During Ramadan with these Healthy Recipes
- Ramadan, Sehri, Iftar : A Time of Reflection, Renewal, and Spiritual Growth